Empire State College - State University of New York SUNY
Pre-Diploma to Magister Artium
Ludwig-Maximillian Universität (University of Munich)
Major: American Studies, Minor: Cultural Anthropology
GRANTS AND AWARDS
• Recipient of German government grant for graduate studies in the U.S.
• Recipient, art studies grant by Louis B. Mayer Foundation, New York, NY
FINE ART WORK EXPERIENCE
• Studio assistant to sculptor Ilan Averbuch, New York, NY
• Studio assistant to sculptor Howard Kalish, New York, NY
ART PROFESSION & BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
• Assistant curator at Portico, NY Inc., an art dealership and gallery. The gallery specialized in European and American modernist art of the first half of the 20th Century by artists such as R. Bauer, H. Rebay, O. Nebel, R. Scarlett, et al.
• Gallery lecturer at the Guggenheim Museum of Art covering the Museum’s legendary retrospective of works of Russian Constructivism and Suprematism, entitled “The Russian Avant-garde: 1910-1930”
• Independent art advisor to Christoph Gerozissis (curator of contemporary art) at Polk Museum of Art, Lakeland, FL. The curator asccepted my proposal to re-create a historic exhibition of German modernist art that had taken place at the Frank Lloyd Wright designed campus of Florida Southern College in Lakeland in the 1920es.
• Independent curator for the German Consulate General, New York, NY. Curated exhibition of two German women artists in the consulate’s public areas on Park Avenue.
• Fine art advisor to corporate and private clients including subsidiaries of German banks in NYC. Highlights were the creation of modernist-inspired corporate art collections at the Manhattan offices of German banks such as the Bank of Bavaria (Bayern LB) and the Bank of Hamburg (HSH Nordbank).
(Continued on next page)
NMasal CV (con’d)
CONTINUING ART EDUCATION AND PRODUCTION
• Printmaking (intaglio and lithography) at School of Visual Arts, NYC
• Workshop in mono-print making at Elizabeth Foundation Robert Blackburn printmaking center, NYC
• Metal welding and fabrication for sculptors with metal smith Jeff Wasson (medieval armorer, sculptor), School of Visual Arts, NYC
• Bronze casting with abstract works cast in the lost wax method with sculptor Oscar Garcia at Art Students League of New York
• Metal welding and fabrication with sculptor Dana Parlier at Art Students League of New York
• Computer-aided 3D modeling and animation for artists and designers at Fashion Institute of Technology FIT (State University of New York SUNY), NYC
• Sculpture production by metal welding and fabrication under tutelage of sculptor Peter Reginato (exhibited at National Gallery of Art) at Art Students League of New York.
• Abstract mixed media sculpture and assemblage production under tutelage of painter/sculptor Leonid Lerman (National Academy) at the Art Students League of New York.
• Annual group shows at Phyllis Harriman Mason Gallery, New York, NY
• FiveMyles Gallery, New York, NY. Group show entitled “Color: Sculpted and Painted.”
• Empire State College Gallery Exhibit, Metropolitan Campus, New York, NY
• M.A. graduating exhibition at Washington Square East Galleries, New York University, NYC
• Annual Student Art Show at Loeb Student Center, New York University, NYC
• Bank of Bavaria (Bayern LB), New York, NY
• Christa Oberacher, Munich, Germany
• Dr. Paul Conlon and Irmgard M. Conlon, Munich, Germany
• Diane Davis, New York, NY
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of CIVA Network to add comments!