""Political art" is not art - it is propoganda. Artists who engage in this type of subject matter are kidding themselves into thinking they are doing something important or making a crucial commentary on life and society. They are…"
The most important communication I can make now is to express the natural beauty God has given to us all. When people drive through the stunning landscape where I live in Bandera County they see some of the most beautiful vistas anywhere in Texas. They are changed by that beauty. They become better people. This is what I am hoping for with my art. I hope that through the abstract combinations of colors, shapes and textures in my art, the public will have a similar reaction to that drive in the country and be moved by God’s visual gifts to humanity.
Accomplishments / CV
• Mr. Keith was born in Jackson, Mississippi in 1954.
• He received his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Memphis College of Art in 1976.
• He received his Master of Fine Arts degree from the Savannah College of Art and Design in 1990.
• Before moving to San Antonio, Keith was the managing editor of ArtScene magazine and later owner and publisher of In Art magazine, both in Houston. Once in San Antonio, Keith, along with David Freeman, published Voices of Art magazine.
• He has shown his work in 11 different states and 3 different countries.
• He has been a full-time Art Professor at Northwest Vista College for 17 years.
• He has been married to Lea Keith for 35 years.
• He is a member of Hill Country Chapel in Pipe Creek, Texas.