“The tactile, the relational, and the incomplete are physical experiences that occur in the act of drawing. Drawing stands for a larger range of experiences, such as the way of writing that embraces editing and rewriting, or of playing music to explore again and again the puzzling qualities of a particular chord. The difficult and the incomplete should be positive events in our understanding; they should stimulate us as simulation and facile manipulation of complete objects cannot.”
— Richard Sennett, The Craftsman (Yale, 2008)
Accomplishments / CV
- Executive Director, CIVA | Christians in the Visual Arts since 2009
- National Director, Graduate & Faculty Ministries, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA, 2003-2009.
-"Repose," group exhibit at Lucent Room Studio, January, 2011
-"Hovering," group exhibit at Lucent Room Studio, October, 2010
- "Translucent Eyes," SEEN Journal (XII.1)
- "Outsider Art" in Joey O'Connor ed., Create: Transforming Stories of Art, Life, and Faith (2012)
- "Be Still," SEEN Journal (XI.1)
- "Jacob at Peniel: Wrestlemania," SEEN Journal (X.2)
- "Tom Hanks, Enchantment, and the Artist's Vocation," SEEN Journal (VII.2)
- Co-editor with Sandra Bowden, Art & Faith: Twenty-Five Years of Christians in the Visual Arts (Square Halo, 2005).
- Graduate studies in Art History and Criticism, University of Wisconsin, 1988 -
- M.F.A. Cranbrook Academy of Art, 1977
- B.F.A. University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1975
Comment Wall (10 comments)
You need to be a member of CIVA Network to add comments!